Friday, October 3, 2008

"Xerox Selects VeriSign Managed Security Services to Help Protect Their Corporate Network"

After talking about VeriSign and digital certificates the other day, this article caught my eye when I was on CNNMoney.com.

Xerox Corp. has chosen VeriSign Inc. to provide Managed Security Services to help maximize the value of its information and network security investments, while minimizing its security risks. VeriSign will use a number of tools to help protect Xerox's network security, such as Firewall Monitoring, Network and Host-Based Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS) Management and Log Management Services. Xerox will also use VeriSign's iDefense Security Intelligence Services to look for and manage vulnerabilities, malicious code, and other threats facing the network.

The Director of Information Security and Risk Management at Xerox said, "Teaming with VeriSign Enterprise Security Services allows us to work with a trusted security partner, enabling our IT security teams to focus on only critical and actionable events." VeriSign is a well-known name in helping organizations more effectively manage risk, monitor compliance and identify and mitigate evolving security threats.

**I just thought this article was interesting because we had just talked about VeriSign in class and I had mentioned them in my presentation. After our class discussions, I find that I pick up on a lot more security news now that I am more knowledgable on such issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment