Monday, August 23, 2010

Case Studies

In order to provide a broad exposure to information security issues and events, each studentis expected to present one case study to the class during the course of the semester. The case study topics we'll tentatively cover each day are listed below. If you would like to cover a topic not appearing below, feel free to suggest something new and we'll cover it in class.

Available topics: SQL Slammer worm, Express Scripts extortion

The topics above are linked to supporting materials, where available. You may need to do additional research to provide enough material to fill your class discussion time. Your talk should be about 10 minutes long and cover the following items:

  • What happened?
  • What is the root cause of the event?
  • What would you have done differently?

Please select a topic by adding a comment to this blog post. First come, first served

21 comments:

  1. I'll take the topic on September 21st.

    Kelly Flynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll take the September 28th comment.

    Kathleen McKiernan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll take the November 9th topic.

    Caela Millar

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll take the September 30 topic.

    Kevin Li

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will take the topic on October 5th.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will take the Sept 23rd date.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll take the topic on October 28

    Erica Palag

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll take the October 26th topic.

    Jimmy Lewis

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ill take the one on October 7th
    -- Tyrone

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll take the topic on Sept 9. Patrick Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'll take the Nov. 11 topic.

    Steve Keith

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'll take the 11/2 topic on SQL Slammer worm

    Lane Clelland

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'll do Monster.com on the 7th of September.

    -Cristin O.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'll take the November 16th date.

    Jimmy Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  15. I will take the November 23rd.
    Mike Hernandez

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'll take the topic on 11/2

    Alex West

    ReplyDelete
  17. ill take the first date on Therac 25...9/2

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'll take the open topic on December 2nd.

    -Alex West

    ReplyDelete