Monday, August 25, 2008

Case Studies

In order to provide a broad exposure to information security issues and events, each studentis expected to present one case study to the class during the course of the semester. The case study topics we'll tentatively cover each day are listed below. If you would like to cover a topic not appearing below, feel free to suggest something new and we'll cover it in class.

The topics above are linked to supporting materials, where available. You may need to do additional research to provide enough material to fill your class discussion time. Your talk should be about 10 minutes long and cover the following items:

  • What happened?
  • What is the root cause of the event?
  • What would you have done differently?

Please select a topic by adding a comment to this blog post. First come, first served

12 comments:

  1. I'd Like to do the presentation on 11/9 about the attack on the Eplilepsy Foundation website.... Chris Marquard

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will do the 'Monster.com' presentation.

    -Dorian

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll do the "Fake Subpoenas" one on October 1st.
    --VyVy Le

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd like to do the Stock Spam presentation on 11/3.

    Thanks!
    -Brendan

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll do the Norwegian ATM presentation on 10/6.

    -Jonathan Callahan

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would like to do the HBR Case Review on 11/12. If that does not work, I will do the ChoicePoint presentation on 11/5.

    - Matt Barloh

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've edited the schedule to reflect the choices everyone's made so far. Matt - the HBR case will be a group discussion, so I put you down for ChoicePoint.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll take the Landline Phone Case Study on Sept. 17th
    -Katie Rehberger

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll do the "Hacking Jail" case on 12/1

    -John Whitty

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would like to do the Therac-25 case on 9/22

    -Scott Martin

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'll do the open topic on 12/3 probably on Hacking Digital Rights Management.

    Cassie

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'll take the 10/27 Open Topic slot. Topic TBD decided though so I can discuss it with Professor Chapple first.

    ReplyDelete